Top 10 Reasons to Hire a DUI Attorney for Tacoma, Seattle, Olympia
- Mandatory minimum fines
- License suspension
- BAC test issues
- Deferred prosecution
- Probable cause
- Court monitoring
- Electronic home monitoring
- Mandatory drug alcohol classes
- Experienced trial attorney
- Expert witnesses
4. You may be eligible to use a deferred prosecution. If you successfully complete the deferred prosecution, your DUI case will be dismissed. A DUI attorney will help you decide if this route is the best choice for your case.
5. Did the police even have a reason to pull you over the in the first place? Many police officers have dash cams that view your driving. A DUI attorney will quickly be able to access this video and analyze whether you ever should have been pulled over in the first place.
7. Did you know that even at the first court date you could be required to have electronic home monitoring (house arrest with alcohol monitoring), an ignition interlock device, or a special kind of insurance called SR22 insurance? Whether your answer is yes or no, a DUI attorney can help you navigate this complicated system.
8. If convicted, the Court will require you to take drug or alcohol classes. These can last for months and potentially be expensive. DUI attorneys are familiar with the treatment agencies to help pair you with the best one for your situation.
10. Have you ever seen Law and Order where that doctor or toxicologist testifies? You may need an expert witness to help you win at trial or get the best plea bargain. A DUI attorney is trained in working with expert witnesses and knowing who is qualified to assist with your case.